SeaTac house fire displaces resident


An adult male was displaced Saturday evening (May 17), following a kitchen fire in his SeaTac home located in the 16600 block of 51 Ave. South.

The fire was first reported as smoke from a residence at 8:13 p.m. Saturday evening. When firefighters arrived, they found an attic fire in the single story home.

A quick attack on the fire kept it to the kitchen area, though there was smoke damage throughout the house.

The resident was able to escape safely after discovering the fire on the stove top. There did not appear to be any working smoke alarms in the home.

Red Cross is assisting the resident.

In addition to Kent Fire Department RFA, units of the Tukwila Fire Department also responded to the call.


Comments are closed.