SeaTac’s International Festival will take place on the weekend of Sept. 6-7 at Angle Lake Park (located at 19408 International Blvd.), with live entertainment, bands, fun for kids and much more.
Here are the details:
- Saturday, September 6: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.*
- Sunday, September 7: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.*
*Children’s area opens at Noon each day.
Listen to the hottest popular performers in the Pacific Northwest. Different types of ethnic and cultural music will be performed, as well as entertainment for kids. Entertainment begins at noon on Saturday and runs through Sunday afternoon.
Entertainment: Marlon Olson, City of SeaTac, 206.973.4684, email@example.com
SATURDAY, SEPT. 6:
- Noon – Spirit of Ojah (Ghanaian highlife)
- 1:00 p.m. – Teresa Anderson (Top 40’s)
- 2:00 p.m. – Mark Iler (60’s & 70’s Rock & Pop)
- 3:00 p.m. – Kristin Dunlap (Belly Dancing)
- 4:00 p.m. – Alma Villegas (Latin)
- 5:00 p.m. – Nicholas Drummond – (Upbeat Alt-Folk)
- 6:00 p.m. – Freddy Pink (Classic R&B hits)
SUNDAY, SEPT. 7:
- Noon – It’s a Zumba Party (Free Zumba lesson)
- 1:00 p.m. – Scott Lindemuth (Jazz, Electric Blues, Rock)
- 2:00 p.m. – Shake it Up! (“The Cars” cover band)
- 3:00 p.m. – Kevin Jones (Roots Electric/Acoustic Rock)
- 4:00 p.m. – Cordaviva (Styles of African diaspora)
Arts & Craft Vendors ~ Informational Displays
Vendor spaces are arranged by the Rotary Club of SeaTac. For information regarding being a vendor please contact Taimi Vendor Application (PDF)
Taimi Sepulveda, 206.613.9614, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vendor spaces are arranged by the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce. For information regarding being a food vendor please contact the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce, 206.575.1633, email@example.com
Buy a wristband and play all day! ($5 per day). Children’s area opens at noon each day.
Sunday, 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
5k and 10k walks. Start and finish at Angle Lake Park.
For information call 206.788.7969.
Flaming Geyser Flyers
Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (While supplies last.)
Build your own “Delta Dart” airplane. Sponsored by Alaska Airlines.
Major event sponsors are the City of SeaTac, Rotary Club of SeaTac, Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce and the Matt Griffin YMCA. These sponsors are responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the festival.
Each year local businesses in the City of SeaTac are encouraged to sponsor the International Festival by purchasing a light pole banner. The sponsors banner includes the company logo printed on both sides of their respective banner. The festival banners are then displayed along International Blvd. during the month of June. Banners have been purchased annually since 1997. This year we will have over 110 banners to display. Once a company purchases a banner it is displayed annually for no additional fee for the life of the banner. We currently have banners that are 15+ years old that are still being displayed. We’re proud to have so many businesses in SeaTac and the surrounding area that show their community spirit by being a sponsor of this fun event!
So many banners… so little space.
Due to the popularity of our banner sponsorship program, we are running out of poles to display the banners. In 2014 we didn’t order new banners. As banners get older and show signs of wear and tear, we will purchase new ones.
2013 banner sponsors were:
- Alaska Airlines (2 banners!)
- DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport
- Hilton Seattle Airport
- Rotary Club of SeaTac
- Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce
If you wish to become a banner sponsor in the future, please contact Gwen Rathe at 206.973.4670 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events of this size cannot be done without the help and cooperation of many people:
- SeaTac Fire Explorers Post 24 for providing event/parade security and First Aid.
- All our Volunteers who helped make this event possible.
- Alaska Airlines for providing overflow event parking.
Festival Information ~ 206.973.4680