The Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority (SSRTA), announced its Board of Directors for the newly created public corporation and separate legal entity on Tuesday, Jan. 27.
This group will manage increased funding and tourism promotion activities for the cities of SeaTac, Des Moines and Tukwila. SeaTac City Council members voted in October to establish the Tourism Promotion Area (TPA) and charter the Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority.
The boundaries of the three cities make up the Tourism Promotion Area (TPA).
Board Members were appointed by the SeaTac City Council from a pool of eligible applicants. These individuals make up the Board and will serve staggered terms:
- Barry Baxter, General Manager, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Term Expiration: December 31, 2016
- Ken Stockdale, General Manager, Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport, Term Expiration: December 31, 2015
- Frank Welton, General Manager, Hilton Worldwide, Term Expiration: December 31, 2017
All Officers to the Board were elected by the Board of Directors at the first SSRTA Board Meeting on January 16, 2015:
- Chairperson: Maureen Huffman, General Manager, Embassy Suites Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Term Expiration: December 31, 2017
- Vice Chair: Sanjay Mahajan, General Manager, Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport, Term Expiration: December 31, 2015
- Secretary: David Sullivan, General Manager, Cedarbrook Lodge, Term Expiration: December 31, 2016
- Treasurer: Barbara Brunetti, General Manager, Ramada Tukwila, Term Expiration: December 31, 2017
About Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority
Seattle Southside regional Tourism Authority (SSRTA), is the official tourism and marketing organization in South King County. The program offered jointly by the cities of SeaTac, Tukwila, and Des Moines, is responsible for competitively marketing the area as an ideal travel destination for tourists who wish to explore Western Washington.
For more information, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com  or call 877-885-9452.