All Highline Public Schools will be open and start on time Thursday, Dec. 8
All Highline Public Schools will be open and start on time this Thursday, Dec. 8, the district announced Wednesday night.
Some have been concerned about a possible snow storm moving in, but the latest weather predictions are that it won’t hit until after 4 p.m. this Thursday, Dec. 8.
To check on whether the weather will affect school on Friday, be sure to check back Thursday, as conditions can change.
“We are tracking the weather closely and will update families and staff if the weather forces a change in the normal school schedule,” the district said.
“We want you to be prepared and know where to get information if there is a change to school start or dismissal times for student safety. Please check with your school office to make sure your student’s emergency contact information is up-to-date.”
Here is how we will communicate school schedule changes:
- Mobile App Alerts: Download our mobile app by searching for Highline Public Schools in the app store. Make sure you subscribe to notifications.
- Automated Phone Calls & Emails: Please ensure your contact information is up-to-date at your child’s school.
- Website Announcements: Be sure to bookmark the district’s website (www.highlineschools.org).
- Social Media Posts: Follow us on Twitter at @highlineschools and find us on Facebook at /highlineschools.
- Local TV/Radio Announcements: Check out a list of participating stations.
- Get familiar with the different types of schedule changes you can expect during weather-related events or other emergencies.
- Review our list of emergency bus stops in English and Spanish.
- Check out our Emergency DOs and DON’Ts.
- Learn more about our emergency plans by visiting our emergency information page.