To get something posted on South King Media’s network of local blogs, please follow these simple instructions:
HAVE A STORY IDEA OR NEWS TIP?
- If you have a news tip or story idea, please email it to [email protected] or call our office at (206) 248-2565. You can also text us or leave a voicemail 24/7 at (206) 659-8768.
- If you’re a business owner interested in Advertising, or would like a Blogvertorial story posted, please contact Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer at [email protected], or call our office at (206) 248-2565.
- Send your words as plain text within an email or as an attached text file.
- Send separate PDFs or .jpegs of posters, artwork, etc. as attachments.
- Please do NOT send a Word doc with everything formatted like you think it should appear on the blog (i.e.: with bold/italic or embedded photos). We don’t work well with Word docs anymore, and it’s a big hassle to export everything properly for our website..
- Please do NOT embed photos within a Word document (oops, we said that already didn’t we?).
- Please do NOT email us Publisher files as we’re Mac-based and can’t read them (we can read PDF files though, but please make sure they allow copy & pasting of text – test it first!).
- To get your company’s marketing in front of our ~85-100,000+ engaged, local monthly Readers – and our growing social media network – please email Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer directly at [email protected] or call our office at (206) 248-2565.
- Obits cost just $85 each – a much better deal than paying upwards of $600–$1,500 for an obit in a Seattle newspaper (plus, we rank very high in Google searches)! Please send text and a photo to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR:
We welcome comments from our engaged readers in the form of Letters to the Editor.
- Letters to the editor may be submitted by email to [email protected].
- Letters submitted for publication must include the author’s full name and city of residence, which will be published, as well as a physical address, email and phone number for verification purposes only. Anonymous letters or ones using pseudonyms will not be published.
- Letters submitted by multiple parties require one person to act as the group’s spokesperson; ie: “– Jane Doe on behalf of the following 22 residents“
- Letter writers are limited to one letter per week.
- Letters are limited to 800 words each; letters longer than 800 words will be cut at the editor’s discretion.
- All letters are subject to editing for style, grammar and factual accuracy.
- We may ask you to cite your sources if you’re making any claims.
- Letters that contain profanity, false claims or potentially libelous statements, as determined by the editor, will not be published.
- Letters responding to previously published letters should refer to the previously published letter’s headline and publication date rather than referring to the letter‘s author by name.
- Letters regarding an election issue or candidate will not be published within the week preceding any election.
- We do not post every Letter to the Editor we receive. However, we advise Letter writers to write with clarity, facts and not emotion. Please do not make any personal attacks or spread mis/dis-information.
- If you’ve found or lost a pet, please email text about the animal (where lost or found, detailed description, etc.) – along with a .jpeg photo if possible – to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
- If you have any photos for us (we LOVE great Reader photos – check out these samples), please email them as a minimum 1200-pixel wide, higher-resolution .JPEG to scottscha(at)gmail.com.
- FOR NON-PROFITS: We do NOT charge to post for local non-profits (churches, charitable organizations, 501c3s, etc.) – just email your blurb (as plain text), including WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY to scottscha(at)gmail.com Please be sure to include a photo or logo.
- FOR BUSINESSES: For for-profits/businesses, we charge $100 for a ‘Blogvertorial’ story, which appears in our regular, main content section as a “Sponsored Post,” and if it’s an event, also in our Event Calendar. Email your text (and attach photos/posters/etc.) if you’d like it posted, and we will then email you an Invoice.
HOW TO REPAY US FOR HELPING YOU:
- Show your support by donating to us here:
- THANK US PUBLICLY AT YOUR EVENT! A simple “Thanks to The B-Town Blog” shout-out will make us all fuzzy and warm!
- MAKE US AN IN-KIND SPONSOR! Email scottscha(at)gmail.com and we’ll send you a high-res version of our logo, which you can place on your poster/website.
- Recommend/Share us to others who might enjoy our services.
- Be nice! Mean people suck. We’re humans with feelings too…a small Mom & Pop/totally indie family biz in fact!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at (206) 248-2565 or email [email protected]. Please note that we receive a LOT of emails everyday; if we don’t respond right away it’s not that we’re ignoring you – it’s more likely that we’ve overlooked it (so just ping us again!).
THANKS for your consideration!