The City of SeaTac this week announced that – as a way to help the city’s small business community recover from the impacts of COVID-19 – it has authorized the use of $350,000 of its allocated federal CARES Act funds to administer a Business Emergency Relief Grant program to help businesses recover.
The SeaTac City Council approved the program.
Grant Application Portal is Now Open – APPLY HERE!
Applications opened Friday, July 24, 2020 at Noon, and will be accepted through Friday, August 7, at 4 p.m.
- Grant awards are $2,500 per eligible business
- To remain impartial, the grant program will be administered by Evergreen Business Capital, a third-party Community Development Finance Institution, which will manage the application intake, evaluation, selection and grant dispersal
- If awarded, grant recipients must submit a W-9
- Grant funds may be taxable income; please consult with your financial advisor for guidance. A 1099 will be issued to grant recipients as required by the IRS no later than January 2021
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Have no more than 15 full-time employees pre-COVID-19, January 1, 2020
- Have been in business for at least three years as of June 30, 2020
- Have gross revenues of $1.5 million or less per year
- Experienced loss of revenue due to COVID-19 related business closures or
- Domiciled in SeaTac with a physical SeaTac business address & possess a SeaTac Business License as of March 1, 2020
- Be current on all city business licensing, and not delinquent in payment of taxes or fees owned to the City of SeaTac as of December 31, 2019
- If closed due government mandates, intend to reopen when allowed under Washington’s Safe Start plan and other government mandates
- Home occupation businesses operated from the owner’s primary residence may qualify if the residence is physically located in SeaTac city limits and the business must be the primary source of income for the owner, although priority will be given to “brick and mortar” businesses serving the broader public
- Must be engaged in a type of business eligible to receive funding by the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Must be a for-profit business negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Confirm your eligibility (see eligible businesses above)
- Complete the online application by Friday, August 7 at 4 PM.
- Applicants will be notified about grant decisions within August 2020
- Grants will be distributed by automatic deposit (ACH) or check payment
Do you need help completing your Grant Application?
You may also reach out to these additional sources of support for assistance with your application:
Please also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions at www.seatacwa.gov/C19-business-grants.
We hope these grant dollars will provide some support for eligible businesses impacted by this crisis. Please utilize this opportunity if your business is eligible, and help spread the word to others in the City of SeaTac. Thank you!