The SeaTac Community Center will operate as a cooling station this Thursday, Aug. 11 through Saturday, Aug. 14, 2021 as an “excessive heat warning” takes effect.
Hours will be:
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The City of SeaTac is also offering these reminders:
Remember, heat effects everyone differently. People can suffer from heatstroke and heart attacks due to exposure to the sun and high temperatures. Here are some tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe this summer:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Wear light clothing.
- Use fans/wet towels to help stay cool.
- Consider investing in an A/C.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Keep pets inside and cool too (provide them with A/C, a fan, plenty of water. If you’re traveling to another location to cool off check to see if you can bring your pets with you! Animals are even more likely to suffer from extreme heat.)